BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

maybe I'm over estimating my skills...


Exciting things that have happened:

1. My friendy friend Fran and her sweet mom brought me a bunch of fabric! Seeing as I had no fabric, this aids my dream of actually constructing something usable.

2. I took my first sewing lesson, and it was not completely disastrous. I met my friend, Ashley, at Bernina and Ann led a class of 8 non-sewers (and Ashley and I were DEFINITELY not the worst in the class). We are going to be constructing pajama pants over two more classes. My first garment! Woot!

3. I became overzealous at constructing clothing. Hancock fabrics was having a 99 cent pattern sale, so I thought "why not?" How hard can it be? Famous last words. Ashley and I chose about 5 patterns, each with the label "very easy". To me, that means exactly what it says, very easy. Apparently, that is not the case. It is "very easy" for those who can sew as I figured out when I began taking all thousand pattern pieces with what look like hieroglyphic markings crammed into that tiny envelope out. On top of that, the cat already tore into one of my patterns and chewed up the tissue paper, along with eating the thread off the sewing machine, which Jim had to pull all 32 inches of out of his stomach.

4. The tote bag straps are a disaster. I cut the fabric too skinny, as detailed in an earlier post, so now I cannot sew them together and turn them right sides out. I think I will probably find some cute ribbon straps or rope straps to try instead.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to update your blog!

Leigh