BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 10, 2009

bach to school


I love back to school time. Okay, maybe not the school part, but there's something oddly fascinating and wonderful about the smell of new school supplies. Piles of wide ruled notebook paper, folders untorn and unabused, pencils with full erasers, and pens full of ink. The excitement of new things to learn, and possibilities of moving up the social ladder (most of them unsuccessful). The oh so important "first day" outfit, and plotting out the "how I spent my summer" stories. My wonderful memories of new music books for endless piano lessons. The sweaty afternoons on a parking-lot band field with cans of spraypaint for marks for the fall band show.

Those times seem a million years ago, but I can still smell the new school supplies...

1 comments:

Fran said...

I can too, and I miss them desperately.

We're such dorks.