BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Here I come, Heidi Klum!





Yes, here it is, the official Project Runway Edition Sewing machine. I chose this one because if those nutcases on Project Runway can sew, I have a decent chance of assembling something reminiscent of clothing. I mean, how hard can it be? (famous last words!) The instructions were daunting at first, but upon further inspection they were relatively easy to follow. I got the machine threaded and the bobbin wound with little trouble. This was probably a ploy by the sewing machine company to gain confidence.

I began simple, just trying to sew a few stitches and sew them straight. What I got looked like some wound up knots.



Eventually I got them to look like this!

With my professional and oh so glamorous straight stitch on my side, Jim suggested I make a hat for the cat. It looked more like a wizard hat or a dunce cone once it was finished. I did think both would be appropriate for the animals in question.


They look so thrilled to be involved in my new hobby!

3 comments:

Fran said...

WATCH OUT HEIDI! I particularly like how JW is letting it bring out his, um.... wild side.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That last pic of JW is hilarious! I don't know why he is so upset. I think the hat is quite nice. ;)

Also, we enjoyed seeing you today. I can't wait to catch up again soon.

Leigh

Jéssica Nascimento said...

beautiful!